A message from Korg:
Dear KRONOS user,
Korg is pleased to announce a new software update for the KRONOS, version 3.0.2, as well as the availability of KApro’s new “EXs19 KApro Private Collections” library.
* * *
KRONOS System Version 3.0.2
KRONOS software version 3.0 is a major upgrade featuring:
- the new SGX-2,
- system-wide touch-drag gestural input from the touch-screen,
- larger on-screen fonts
- the ability to edit Programs in the context of Combinations and Songs,
- 12 vintage effects,
- a raft of improvements to Set Lists,
- a new Find feature for locating Programs and Combinations by name,
- audio level meters for Oscillators, Timbres, Tracks, and effects,
- improved support for non- equal-tempered scales,
- support for editing text via USB alphanumeric keyboards, and
- if a sound requires samples which aren’t currently loaded, you can now load those samples in a single step.
For more information, please see the updated PDF manuals and the onboard Help system.
We recommend that all KRONOS and KRONOS X users update to version 3.0.2. This update may be installed on any KRONOS or KRONOS X, regardless of the currently installed system version; it is not necessary to install intermediate upgrades first.
The new software is free for all registered users, and is now available for download from the Operating System section at https://shop.korg.com/kronos/Support. For detailed information about the improvements in 3.0.2, please see the Release Notes at the same URL.
Note: KRONOS System Version 3.0.2 provides nearly all of the features of the new KRONOS, except for the updated sounds and sample libraries. These updated sounds and libraries, including the EXs17 Berlin D Piano, EXs18 Korg EXs Collections, and new Programs and Combinations, are expected to be made available for owners of previous KRONOS models in late January 2015 (price TBD).
* * *
EXs19 KApro Private Collections
EXs19 “KApro’s Private Collection” is free for registered owners of the new KORG KRONOS, and is available to owners of previous KRONOS models at an introductory price of only $49 until December 31, 2014 (after which the price will be $99).
KApro EXs19 KApro’s Private Collection for the KORG KRONOS offers a stunning set of sounds:
- 128 Programs, starting with 40 well-known, popular Programs from eleven KApro sound libraries–plus 88 completely new Programs combining Multisamples from the different libraries,
- 32 Wave Sequences, implementing “round robin” allocation for realistic and vivid reproduction of symphonic orchestra sounds as well as lively synth timbres, and
- 117 Multisamples, including 94 recorded in stereo
Note: Free EXs19 authorization requires the completion of KRONOS 2 user registration.
Note: EXs19 requires KRONOS System Version 2.0.2 or later.
EXs demo versions and authorization codes
As always, you can download and try out all EXs libraries for free. Initially, they will work in demo mode. You’ll be able to play, edit, and save Programs, Combis, Wave Sequences, and Songs which use the new samples – but until you purchase an authorization code, their sound will fade out periodically. To purchase an authorization code, go to the online shop at https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries. Once purchased, entering the authorization code into the KRONOS removes the audio limitations of demo mode – no additional downloads required.
We hope that you enjoy these additions to the KRONOS as much as we enjoyed creating them!