Thanks to AlchemistMusicStudio and Kid Nepro on Korg Forums. The easiest way to update your Korg Kronos.
Here are the steps:
1. Download the system update (www.korg.com/kronos – support).
2. Un-zip the downloaded file.
3. Copy the update files (use USB Flash Drive – only FAT32!):
– mnt (Folder)
– KRONOS_Update1_5_0.taz.gz (ZIP)
– install.info (File)
– posttar.sh (File)
– pretar.sh (File)
4. Go to the Global P0– Basic Setup page.
5. Open the menu, and select the command “Update System Software”.
6. Connect the USB storage device containing the update files.
7. Press the OK button, a new message will appear: “Are you sure”? Press the OK button.
8. While the system is being updated (1-2 minutes), do not touch the Kronos switches, and never turn off the power.
9. When the update is complete, a new message will appear: “Kronos system version 1.5.0 update complete. Please restart the system”.
10. Turn off the Kronos, and then disconnect the USB storage device.
11.Wait approximately ten seconds, and then turn the power on again.
12- When powering up look for the OS version in the display. If your still running 1.0.4 then repeat steps 4-11.
I did these steps and it worked like a charm, however after updating I forgot step 10 and got an error: “SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED – please remove any usb devices and restart” and by removing the USB stick it worked.
I made a video of the update, check it out: